101 American English Idioms takes the mystery out of these common U.S. expressions and explains their meanings in context. On the audio CD, native speakers read each of the 101 idioms, so you can hear how American English sounds and practice what you have learned.
What Americans really mean when they say . . .
- Drive someone up a wallannoy someone greatly
- Raise a stinkprotest strongly
- Pull someone's legfool someone
- All thumbsclumsy
- Shoot the breezechat informally
- Feel like a million dollarsfeel wonderful
- Duck soupeasy, effortless
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)|