The exciting and important history of the Mexican Indians who founded Tenochtitlan and who created from it what is known as the Aztec empire.
About the Author
Burr Cartwright Brundage (1912–1993) was Professor of History at Eckerd College.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Fall of Tula
- 2. The Mexica Gain a King
- 3. Mexico under Tezozomoc
- 4. The Tepaneca War
- 5. The Composition of Heaven and Earth
- 6. Moteuczoma I and the State
- 7. The Wars of Moteuczoma
- 8. The Sacred Nature of the Mexican State
- 9. The Reign of Axayacatl
- 10. Two Kings of the Middle Period
- 11. Moteuczoma II and the Presences
- 12. The Failure of a Mexican Tlatoani
- 13. Of What Advantage Pride?
- Chronological Chart