- The Medley Title: Coradavon Lodge/ Thailer a Bhe Me Sherridh Is Feader ...
- It Was All for Our Rightful King
- Medley Title: One for the Road Set/ Bob Thompson/ One for the Road
- The Gallant Shearers
- The Breton Connection
- Ower the Moor Amang the Heather
- For Aye
- The Title Medley: The Silver Whistle Set/ An Fhideag Airgid/ Johnstown ...
- Malley Leigh
- Hebridean Dream
- Helen of Kirkconnell/ Les Wilson's Welcome to Lewis
- The Medley Title: The Wagtail Set/ Archibald Campbell of Kilberry/ The ...
17.38 In Stock
Fans of the Tannahill Weavers know just what to expect, and they get it here: an opening set of swirling pipe tunes to get your heart racing, then an achingly gorgeous vocal tune filled with historical regret and couched in intricate harmonies. Then more of the same: a set of swirling flute tunes (the wonderful "One for the Road Set") followed by a slightly less-achingly gorgeous love song. And again: a medley of tunes from Brittany, then -- you know -- an achingly gorgeous love song. Got it? Predictable the pattern may be, but that doesn't make this album any less fun. If it doesn't quite measure up to the brilliance of one or two other Tannahill Weavers albums (Capernaum, for instance), it's only because it lacks a clear centerpiece of musical transcendence, though a thoroughly charming rendition of the traditional classic "Malley Leigh" comes close. Recommended.
Performance CreditsTannahill Weavers Primary Artist
Ged Grimes Bass,Percussion
Roy Gullane Guitar,Vocals
Phil Smillie Flute,Vocals,Human Whistle,Bodhran
Duncan J. Nicholson Bagpipes,Human Whistle,uillean pipes,Scottish Small Pipes
Technical CreditsTannahill Weavers Producer
Ged Grimes Engineer