Geared for intermediate to advanced users, Beyond Digital Photography: Transforming Photos into Fine Art with Photoshop and Painter brings these once separate disciplines together in a beautiful and instructive book that uses time-honored design principles and basic drawing and painting skills, and applies them to digital photographs. The easy-to-follow, step-by-step format allows you to practice a variety of Photoshop and Painter techniques and gives you the confidence to achieve your own expressive goals with great results.
In this unique and inspiring book, you’ll discover how to transform your photos into works of art:
- Shoot and select photos with good composition and lighting for painting
- Emulate the look of pop art, woodcuts, and dry media texture
- Create Old Masters-style oil paintings, watercolors, contemporary paintings, and abstract art
- Add edge treatments and textured borders with brushwork
- Build creative compositions, such as collages, and traditional styles such as landscape, portrait, and still life paintings
- Use a pressure-sensitive tablet for gestural, expressive painting
- Find additional resources available at www.beyonddigitalbook.com
|Product dimensions:||8.90(w) x 9.40(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Donal Jolley has been a freelance designer since retiring from the commercial printing field in 1996. A master of Photoshop since version 2.5, his artistic ability, design versatility, and Photoshop expertise have been featured in many publications, including The Photoshop CS/CS2 WOW! Book, The Painter WOW! Book, and Photoshop User magazine. Donal has taught Photoshop and Illustrator courses for students and professionals and has consulted on several prominent publications.