Friends. A birthday party. Gifts... and learning to share!Today is a very special day. Lucy turns five! For the first time she is going to celebrate her birthday with a great party at home, and she has invited all her friends. What she doesńt know is that they will want to play with her toys, and Lucy doesńt like sharing much...
Can I play? aims to show the values of friendship and responsibility among children, through a story that seeks to encourage the creativity and imagination of their readers with a tender story based on real daily situations. And also... to have fun!.
Can I Play? is a childreńs early learning book suitable as a read aloud book for baby, toddler and preschool readers; or a self read book for older children.
What readers say:
★★★★★ "Nice Book That Teaches Kids That It's Better to Share."
★★★★★ "Lucy's world series is lovely, simplistic and educational."
★★★★★ "A great read for primary grades."
★★★★★ "Very creative."
Other books in english from Lucýs world series:
- In the clouds: Lucy is a sweet little girl who loves letting her imagination run wild. Is there a better place for it than in the clouds?
- Flowy: Lucy has received a shy and nice flower that she has named Flowy. Her arrival brings an important responsibility: she will have to look after her
- My little sister: When her parents told Lucy that she was going to have a baby sister, she never imagined that everything would change so much.
- My cow Rudolpha: Lucy always wanted a pet, but she never imagined that it would be ... a cow!
- The book of dreams: A book comes flying down from the sky and falls into Lucy's hands. When she opens it up, someone appears from inside the book! A child with a naughty smile, who proposes her an amazing journey.
- If Santa didn't have his sleigh: Lucy and Mary love Christmas. It's their favorite time of the year! However, there is something that worries Lucy a lot: If Santa did not have his sleigh, how would he bring his gifts to all the children of the world?
- If the Three Kings didn't have their camels: Lucy and Mary love Christmas. It's their favorite time of the year! However, there is something that worries Lucy a lot: If the Three Kings did not have their camels, how would they bring gifts to all the children of the world?
- Lucy's Alphabet: Lucy shows to the readers the 26 letters of the Alphabet. She has chosen a word for each letter. And, with each word, Lucy tells us a short storytale.
- Lucy's Numbers: Lucy and Mary play with their magic numbers and suddenly... a strong wind comes in and blows away the numbers! The girls will have to go look for them, having a great adventure.
About the Author
Gilberto Mariscal, author of Can I play?, feels like writting every morning. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. He always tries his best to write happy stories full of imagination, fantasy and optimism. He is the father of two amazing girls and amuses them whith long tales and fancy games.
María Jesús Jiménez Miranda, illustrator of Can I play?, is a spanish author better known as Chuwy. She has created a portfolio with almost 2000 illustrations in Istockphoto and Getty Images, achieving global impact in the microstock world and the advertising market. She is the mother of two little girls who inspire her every day, making her happier and happier.
Lucy is a cute girl who once asked her mother to draw a tale for her. It just had to be the same story her father told her the previous night. Despite her mother's doubts, Lucy persuaded her to do it.
All of them live in the sunny south of Spain.