Gain quick access to the most common diseases that veterinary technicians encounter with Common Diseases of Companion Animals, 3rd Edition. This reference is divided into sections by species, with chapters in each section organized by body system. Each disease is presented in monograph form, with clinical signs, diagnostic laboratory work-up, treatment options, and client information to ensure the information you need is always at hand.
• Well-organized content presents diseases in a consistent, monograph style, including description, clinical signs, laboratory work-up, treatment, medications, after care, client information, and prevention.
• Diseases organized by body system enables you to quickly refer to the most accurate information.
• Coverage of the common diseases veterinary technicians are likely to encounter in practice keeps you up-to-date with the diseases and disorders you are most likely to assist in diagnosing and managing.
• Clearly defined role of the technician helps you understand what is expected of you as a working professional.
• Tech Alerts emphasize key information on the process of caring for pets.
• NEW! Introductory chapter on pathophysiology provides information on the foundations of disease and the body’s response to disease before proceeding to the specific diseases of each system.
• NEW! Expanded nursing care sections include descriptions of changes in clinical signs with improvement or decline that will affect treatment, as well as more Tech Alerts to highlight the veterinary technician’s responsibilities.
• NEW! An increase in the number and variety of review questions, including open-ended critical thinking questions.
• NEW! Full-color design and illustration program reinforces what diseases look like such as signs exhibited in the animal, in lab specimens, and in surgical corrections and demonstrates techniques, such as urethral catheter placement in a female cat.
• NEW! Vet Tech Threads direct learning by outlining key terms, learning objectives, and the glossary.
• NEW! Pageburst eBook interactive featuresoffer a dynamic learning environment.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section I: Dogs and Cats 1.Diseases of the Cardiovascular System 2.Diseases of the Digestive System 3.Diseases of the Endocrine System 4.Diseases of the Eye 5.Hematologic and Immunologic Diseases 6.Diseases of the Integumentary System 7.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 8.Diseases of the Nervous System 9.Pansystemic Disease 10.Diseases of the Reproductive System 11.Diseases of the Respiratory System 12.Diseases of the Urinary System
Section II: Ferrets, Rodents, and Rabbits 13.Overview of Ferrets, Rodents, and Rabbits 14.Diseases of the Cardiovascular System 15.Diseases of the Digestive System 16.Diseases of the Endocrine System 17.Diseases of the Eye 18.Hematologic and Immunologic Diseases 19.Diseases of the Integumentary System 20.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 21.Diseases of the Nervous System 22.Diseases of the Reproductive System 23.Diseases of the Respiratory System 24.Diseases of the Urinary System
Section III: Birds 25.Overview of Birds as Patients 26.Diseases of the Cardiovascular System 27.Diseases of the Digestive System 28.Diseases of the Endocrine System 29.Diseases of the Eye and Ear 30.Hematologic and Immunologic Diseases 31.Diseases of the Integumentary System 32.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 33.Diseases of the Nervous System 34.Pansystemic Diseases 35.Diseases of the Respiratory System 36.Diseases of the Urogenital System
Section IV: Snakes, Iguanas, and Turtles 37.Overview of Reptiles as Pets 38.Diseases of the Cardiovascular System 39.Diseases of the Digestive System 40.Diseases of the Endocrine System 41.Diseases of the Special Senses 42.Diseases of the Integumentary System 43.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 44.Diseases of the Nervous System 45.Diseases of the Reproductive System 46.Diseases of the Respiratory System 47.Diseases of the Urinary System
Section V: Horses 48.Diseases of the Cardiovascular System 49.Diseases of the Digestive System 50.Diseases of the Endocrine System 51.Diseases of the Eye 52.Hematologic Diseases 53.Diseases of the Integumentary System 54.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 55.Diseases of the Nervous System 56.Diseases of the Reproductive System 57.Diseases that affect the Neonate 58.Diseases of the Respiratory System 59.Diseases of the Urinary System
Section VI: Sheep and Goats 60.Sheep and Goat Husbandry 61.Diseases of the Digestive System 62.Diseases of the Endocrine System 63.Diseases of the Eye 64.Hematologic and Immunologic Diseases 65.Diseases of the Integumentary System 66.Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System 67.Diseases of the Nervous System 68.Diseases of the Reproductive System 69.Diseases of the Respiratory System 70.Diseases of the Urinary System
Bibliography Glossary Answers to Review Questions