CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702 (Practical Application) / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Updated Coverage Includes Windows 7 Topics
This study guide includes updated content covering Windows 7 topics which were added to the CompTIA A+ exam in January, 2011. The supplemental content includes additional review questions, additional practice exam questions, and an updated objectives map.
Two Exams in One Book! A+ Essentials (220-701) and Practical Application (220-702)
Written by a team of industry experts, this unparalleled study guide offers you a systematic approach to preparing for the CompTIA A+ certification, and includes real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, challenging chapter review questions, plus a CD with Sybex's custom test engine to reinforce all of the concepts you learn.
Get full coverage of all of the exam objectives for both the 220-701 and 220-702 exams, Inside this guide you'll learn how to:
- Identify and understand PC system components, including motherboards, processors, memory, and cooling systems.
- Identify and understand storage devices, power supplies, display devices, and adapters.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, and portable devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot printers.
- Install and configure operating systems including Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- General troubleshooting theory and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshooting operating systems, hardware, printers, and laptops.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networks
- Set up and maintain network security
- Master essential operational procedures for PC technicians
- Communicate professionally with co-workers and clients
Featured on the CD
- Over 600 Practice questions
- Six practice tests (3 for the 220-701, and 3 for 220-702)
- Electronic flashcards
- Entire book as a searchable PDF
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
About the Author
Quentin Docter, A+, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, SCSA, is an IT consultant with over 15 years of IT experience. He has written several books for Sybex on topics including A+, Server+, Microsoft, and Solaris 9 certifications, as well as coauthoring Mastering Windows XP Professional and The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide.
Emmett Dulaney, A+, Network+, Security+, MCT, is an assistant professor at Anderson University. He has written several certification books, including CompTIA A+ Complete Review Guide and CompTIA Security+ Study Guide. He is also a well-known certification columnist for Redmond magazine and CertCities.com.
Toby Skandier, A+, Network +, i-Net+, Server+, MCSE, CCNP, CCDP, CCSI, is founder of Talskan Technologies, LLC, a technical education provider based in North Carolina. He has coauthored numerous books for Sybex, including the bestselling Network Administrator Street Smarts and Network+ Study Guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Personal Computer System Components.
Chapter 2 Storage Devices, Power Supplies, and Adapters.
Chapter 3 Understanding Display Devices.
Chapter 4 Understanding Laptops and Portable Devices.
Chapter 5 Installing and Configuring Printers.
Chapter 6 Operating System Features and Interfaces.
Chapter 7 Installing and Configuring Operating Systems.
Chapter 8 Troubleshooting Theory and Preventive Maintenance.
Chapter 9 Troubleshooting Operating Systems, Hardware, Printers, and Laptops.
Chapter 10 Understanding Networking.
Chapter 11 Understanding Network Security Fundamentals.
Chapter 12 Understanding Operational Procedures.
Chapter 13 Installing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting Hardware.
Chapter 14 Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Laptops.
Chapter 15 Resolving Printer Problems.
Chapter 16 Operating System Structures and Commands.
Chapter 17 Operating System Utilities and Troubleshooting Issues.
Chapter 18 Installing and Troubleshooting Networks.
Chapter 19 System Security.
Appendix About the Companion CD.