Buyer Beware. Some book purchasers have complained they bought a CPT product that arrived in poor condition. The AMA prides itself on high-quality printing, binding and shipping; the AMA and its authorized sellers will ship CPT books in 2-3 days, orders that won’t ship for 2 weeks might be coming from oversees, and could be counterfeit. Use caution when placing orders. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2019 Professional Edition. The AMA publishes the only CPT® codebook with the official CPT® coding guidelines developed by the CPT® Editorial Panel. The updates that appear in this revision have been prepared by the CPT® Editorial Panel with the assistance of physicians representing all specialties of medicine, and with important contributions from many third-party payers and government organizations.
New for 2019!
- New modifiers added to Appendix A
- Editorial revisions of the code ranges located in the parenthetical notes for reseqenced codes to provide more succinct ranges
- The addition of proprietary laboratory analyses (PLA) codes at the end of the Pathology/Laboratory section Features and Benefits
- A comprehensive index — helps locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation
- Illustrated anatomical review — a quick reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics
- Clinical examples — provide a useful tool and guidance for reporting services provided to patients
- Alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory section — eases your code search by directing you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology — improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides an overview of 2018 changes
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, add-on codes and vascular families
|Publisher:||American Medical Association|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
The American Medical Association has promoted scientific advancement, improved public health and protected the patient-physician relationship since its establishment in 1847. The AMA is the premier national organization dedicated to empowering the nation’s physicians to provide safer, higher quality and more efficient care to patients and communities. For more than 50 years, the AMA, in drawing upon its deep expertise and resources, has authored and published books, data files and online resources that answer the needs of today’s busy physicians and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation, impairment, HIPAA and electronic health records.