The evidence is overwhelming: you can tap the power of your mind to directly influence your health, using clinically proven tools that anyone can master.
With Dr. Andrew Weil's Mind-Body Tool Kit, listeners join the bestselling author of Spontaneous Healing (Ballantine, 1996) along with three renowned colleagues and friends—all leading specialists in alternative medicine—to experience a potent prescription of self-healing practices.
This information-packed "integrative medicine chest" includes an in-depth 52-page interactive workbook and 25 Mind-Training Cards designed to support a daily practice.
Step-by-step, users will learn an empowering four-part series of:
- Breathing—Dr. Weil reveals "the master key to self healing"
- Meditation—Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn introduces listeners to the oldest and most effective system for calming the mind
- Guided Imagery—Dr. Martin Rossman invites us to heal the body with this effective and easy-to-learn skill
- Sound Therapy—Pioneering music therapist Kimba Arem leads a complete sound-healing journey
"Your mind can elicit a healing response when even conventional medicine has proven ineffective," explains Dr. Weil. Here are the self-healing mind-body tools to start optimizing your health today—and for the rest of your life—with Dr. Andrew Weil's Mind-Body Tool Kit.
- Prepare an integrative self-healing medicine chest
- Utilize breathing exercises that function as the master key to self-healing
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.50(w) x 5.37(h) x 1.25(d)|
About the Author
Andrew Weil, MD, is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing-oriented approach to health care which encompasses body, mind, and spirit. He is founder and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine (AzCIM) at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson, and director of Integrative Health & Healing at Miraval Life in Balance Resort in Tucson. Dr. Weil’s bestselling books include Spontaneous Happiness, Eight Weeks to Optimum Health, and Spontaneous Healing, and his popular audio programs with Sounds True include The Healthy Heart Kit and Breathing: The Master Key to Self-Healing.
Date of Birth:June 8, 1942
Place of Birth:Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Education:B.A. in Biology, Harvard University, 1964; M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1968