There is a crisis that Chinese families face each fall: how to get their child into highly selective colleges. In 2015, the Ivy League received almost 250,000 applications for 14,000 spots, while one of the top public universities, UCLA, received over 92,000 applications for 5,800 spots in its freshman class. To make matters worse, many Chinese families do not know how to efficiently and effectively position their children for success in applying to American colleges.
Whether your child dreams of attending Harvard or Berkeley, Earning Admission is the blueprint that empowers your child to use strategic planning and marketing to stand out amongst a sea of applicants and earn admission.
This step-by-step guide to earning admission teaches:
• How your child can select and take classes in high school to stand out from other straight 'A' students.
• How your child can dramatically increase her odds of admission by strategically choosing a major.
• How your child can write a personal statement that sets her apart from other high performing Asian applicants by demonstrating perspective, passion, and maturity.
• How your child can build a slate of extracurricular activities that admissions officers value.
• How your child can secure hundreds of thousands of dollars of merit scholarships or need-based grants even if your family earns over $100,000 per year.
"Earning Admission taught us everything we needed to know about making our daughter a unique and competitive applicant It helped us get our daughter get into Yale." -Jay C., parent of a Yale undergrad.
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.30(d)|
About the Author
Greg Kaplan is a nationally recognized college admissions strategist and the co-founder of Soaring Eagle College Consulting. Greg focuses on empowering families to develop their children's high value skills, interests, and passions and market the value they would bring to colleges. Greg is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business and UC Irvine School of Law.
Linda Wang is a college admissions strategist and the co-founder of Soaring Eagle College Consulting. Linda specializes in helping Chinese applicants get into their dream colleges. Linda was born in Shanghai and grew up in Arcadia, California. Linda is a graduate of UC Irvine and a law student at UC Irvine School of Law.