Based on NAVTA-approved guidelines, Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Textbook by Margi Sirois offers comprehensive coverage of the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career in veterinary assisting. You’ll learn about the role of the veterinary assistant and how to perform key responsibilities of the job, including assisting the veterinary technician and the veterinarian by restraining animals, setting up equipment and supplies, cleaning and maintaining practice and laboratory facilities, and feeding and exercising patients.
- Targeted coverage addresses only those topics that are relevant to veterinary assisting.
- Authoritative content covers everything you need to know to pass the Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) exam and succeed in clinical practice.
- Authors and contributors are leading experts in veterinary medicine, veterinary technology, and veterinary assisting.
- Full-color format features a wealth of illustrations and photographs that clarify key concepts and enhance learning.
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Veterinary Profession
- Office Procedures and Client Relations
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology and Pharmacy
- Animal Behavior and Restraint
- Animal Husbandry and Nutrition
- Animal Care and Nursing
- Anesthesia and Surgical Assisting
- Laboratory Procedures
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Avian and Exotic Animal Care and Nursing
Normal Physiologic Data
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I purchased this textbook along with the supplemental work book as an additional resource for my studies at a school. This study combo would be a very valuable asset except to check your answers and understanding in the workbook you CAN'T. It states on the back of the workbook that the answer key for all exercises and questions can be found on evolve. Well surprise you can not access it unless YOU ARE AN ENROLLED STUDENT IN EVOLVE/ELSEVIERS PROGRAMS.No where when describing the duo did it mention anything about this. THE WORK BOOK is absolutely worthless without access to the answer key. I would love to give this textbook and workbook 5 stars but without access to the vital information needed for the workbook I have to give it 1