Equine Internal Medicine / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Develop an essential understanding of the principles of equine disease with this one-of-a-kind, problem-based resource! Extensively revised and updated with contributions from an international team of experts, Equine Internal Medicine, 3rd Edition reflects the latest clinical research in equine medicine and focuses on the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie the development of various equine diseases to help you confidently diagnose, treat, and manage patient conditions.
• Problem-based approach outlines how to apply the latest clinical evidence directly to the conditions you’ll encounter in practice.
• Pathophysiology is emphasized throughout, providing a sound basis for discussions of the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis that follow.
• Body systems chapters begin with a thorough discussion of the diagnostic method appropriate to the system, including physical examination, clinical pathology, radiography, endoscopy, and ultrasonography.
• Flow charts, diagrams, and algorithms clarify complex material.
• Extensive content updates help you improve patient care with up-to-date research and clinical evidence across the full spectrum of equine practice, including:
• New sections on biofilm ahesins, resistance to phagocytosis, and host substrate utilization
• New information on changes in body weight
• Recent findings on fibrocoxib and diclofenac
• Expanded and reorganized coverage of critical care
• New material on inborn errors of metabolism and acquired myopathies
• Detailed treatment information on various disorders of the reproductive tract
• A new section on toxicoses causing signs related to liver disease or dysfunction
• Bound-in companion DVD includes more than 120 high-quality video clips that guide you through procedures related to the cardiovascular and neurologic systems.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.75(w) x 11.25(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
PART I: Mechanisms of Disease and Principles of Treatment
1. The Equine Immune System
2. Mechanisms of Infectious Disease
3. Clinical Approach to Commonly Encountered Problems
4. Pharmacologic Principles
5. Aspects of Clinical Nutrition
6. Pain Management
7. Critical Care
PART II: Disorders of Specific Body Systems
9. Disorders of the Respiratory System
10. Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
11. Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System
12. Disorders of the Neurologic System
13. Disorders of the Skin
14. Disorders of the Hematopoietic System
15. Disorders of the Gastrointestinal System
16. Disorders of the Liver
17. Disorders of the Eye
18. Disorders of the Reproductive Tract
19. Disorders of the Urinary System
20. Disorders of the Endocrine System
21. Disorders of Foals
22. Toxicologic Problems