Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practical resource focuses on the core clinical skills and knowledge you need to become a practicing dental assistant. The concise, full-color text has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp important DA information. And step-by-step procedures, application exercises, and a wealth of pedagogical aids ensure that you master all the necessary skills.
• Focus on Clinical Dental Assisting provides essential information on the core skills and procedures needed to become a practicing dental assistant.
• Approachable writing style ensures that you have a full understanding of text content.
• Easy-to-follow organization offers 29 succinct chapters that move from profession basics and sciences to infection control, chair-side treatment foundations, and patient care in general and specific dentistry.
• Step-by-step procedures of skills dental assistants must master feature a consistent format that includes a goal, equipment, chronological steps, and rationales.
• Procedure icons clearly indicate what issues/things must be identified when performing various core procedures.
• Ethical implications are featured at the end of each chapter’s narrative to touch on important ethical considerations related to the chapter material.
• NEW! Content incorporates additional information on dynamic areas such as HIPAA laws and implications, digital imaging, dental materials, and caries prevention.
• NEW! Expanded and updated artwork focuses on newer products, materials, and equipment to remain current with technological advances in the modern dental office.
• NEW! Online student exercises on Evolve include crossword puzzles, and exercises on labeling, procedure-ordering, and instrument identification.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
PART 1: The Profession
- Introduction to Dental Assisting
- Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Anatomy
- Disease Transmission
- Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials
- Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
- Instrument Processing
- Clinical Dentistry
- Moisture Control
- The Dental Patient
- The Dental Examination
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Pain and Anxiety Control
- Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays
- Oral Radiography
- Preventive Care
- Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
- Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
- Restorative Materials
- Restorative Procedures
- Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- The Job Search
PART 2: The Sciences
PART 3: Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials
PART 4: Dental Treatment
PART 5: Patient Care
PART 6: Dental Imaging
PART 7: Preventive Dentistry
PART 8: Restorative Dentistry
PART 9: Specialized Dentistry
PART 10: Preparation for Employment