Fundraising in Times of Crisis draws on renowned consultant Kim Klein's more than twenty-five years of fundraising experience. This much-needed resource shows troubled groups how to identify what is really going on and how to assess the damage. Fundraising in Times of Crisis helps executive directors and development professionals of nonprofit organizations plan for both the short and long term and explains how to evaluate the success of their efforts. Checklists, tips, action steps and a wealth of examples walk you through the process of self-assessment and map out a road to recovery. No matter what your particular crisisthe sudden loss of an executive director, a public scandal, a major donor attrition, or a daunting increase in the demand for servicesthis book will show you how to survive and thrive in tough times.
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface.
Introduction: “The Perfect Storm”.
1. Cultural Factors That Lead to Crisis.
2. Are You in a Crisis?
3. Immediate Steps for Managing a Crisis.
4. Mission, Message, and Damage Control.
5. Successful Fundraising During and After a Crisis.
6. Designing Your Short-Term Strategy.
7. Fundraising Strategies for the Next Six to Twelve Months.
8. Fundraising Strategies with Long-Term Payoff.
9. Permanent Course Correction.
10. Conquering Tomorrow’s Crises Today.