This is the hilarious story of a poor boy from the Middle West who became one of America's topflight TV stars. But he was bothered with a boyhood dream and eventually left the big time. He made his home in three continents and became a much-loved world traveller.
Through all the laughter - and it's uproarious at times - there is an underlying serious note, and the fact that his dream came true and brought him long-sought spiritual assurance is a considerable satisfaction to the reader.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.37(d)|
Table of Contents
1. A Seventh Son-of-a-Gun of a Seventh Son-of-a-Gun
2. The Birds and the Bees, or The Stork Club
3. A Pair of Early Sinners
4. There’ll be Pie in the Sky When We Die
5. The Good Book and the Bad Boy
6. Come all ye Bandits!
7. Ice-skating in the Kitchen
8. Uncle Duffy and His Wonderful Whiskers
9. The Famous Fire and the Infamous Father
10. Skyrocket to Fame, or A Best-seller at Twelve
11. Ordeal by Father
12. Sam, You Made the Pants Too Short
13. Three Prize-winning Plays, But Not a Cent for Cigarettes
14. Radio Writer, or Do you want the script good or do you want it on Thursday?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews