Handbook of Research on Blockchain Technology presents the latest information on the adaptation and implementation of Blockchain technologies in real world business, scientific, healthcare and biomedical applications. The book's editors present the rapid advancements in existing business models by applying Blockchain techniques. Novel architectural solutions in the deployment of Blockchain comprise the core aspects of this book. Several use cases with IoT, biomedical engineering, and smart cities are also incorporated. As Blockchain is a relatively new technology that exploits decentralized networks and is used in many sectors for reliable, cost-effective and rapid business transactions, this book is a welcomed addition on existing knowledge.
Financial services, retail, insurance, logistics, supply chain, public sectors and biomedical industries are now investing in Blockchain research and technologies for their business growth. Blockchain prevents double spending in financial transactions without the need of a trusted authority or central server. It is a decentralized ledger platform that facilitates verifiable transactions between parties in a secure and smart way.
- Presents the evolution of blockchain, from fundamental theories, to present forms
- Explains the concepts of blockchain related to cloud/edge computing, smart healthcare, smart cities and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Provides complete coverage of the various tools, platforms and techniques used in blockchain
- Explores smart contract tools and consensus algorithms
- Covers a variety of applications with real world case studies in areas such as biomedical engineering, supply chain management, and tracking of goods and delivery
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||19 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Valentina E. Balas is Full Professor in the Department of Automatics and Applied Software, Faculty of Engineering, at the University of Arad, Romania. She holds a PhD in applied electronics and telecommunications from the Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Her research focuses on intelligent systems, fuzzy control, soft computing, smart sensors, information fusion, and modelling and simulation. She has published over 300 papers, and sits on the editorial board of several journals.
Dr.Golden Julie E., Department of CSE, Regional campus, Anna University, Tirunelveli, India
Dr. Y. Harold Robinson is Associate Professor at School of Informaiton Technology and Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, India.
Dr. Balaji S., Professor&Head, Department Of Computer Science And Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli, India
Dr. Raghvendra Kumar is working as Associate Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department at GIET University, India. He received B. Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, India, and Postdoc Fellow from Institute of Information Technology, Virtual Reality and Multimedia, Vietnam. He serves as Series Editor Internet of Everything (IOE): Security and Privacy Paradigm, Green Engineering and Technology: Concepts and Applications, publishes by CRC press, Taylor&Francis Group, USA, and Bio-Medical Engineering: Techniques and Applications, Publishes by Apple Academic Press, CRC Press, Taylor&Francis Group, USA. He also serves as acquisition editor for Computer Science by Apple Academic Press, CRC Press, Taylor&Francis Group, USA. He has published number of research papers in international journal (SCI/SCIE/ESCI/Scopus) and conferences including IEEE and Springer as well as serve as organizing chair (RICE-2019, 2020), volume Editor (RICE-2018), Keynote speaker, session chair, Co-chair, publicity chair, publication chair, advisory board, Technical program Committee members in many international and national conferences and serve as guest editors in many special issues from reputed journals (Indexed By: Scopus, ESCI, SCI). He also published 13 chapters in edited book published by IGI Global, Springer and Elsevier. His researches areas are Computer Networks, Data Mining, cloud computing and Secure Multiparty Computations, Theory of Computer Science and Design of Algorithms. He authored and Edited 23 computer science books in field of Internet of Things, Data Mining, Biomedical Engineering, Big Data, Robotics, and IGI Global Publication, USA, IOS Press Netherland, Springer, Elsevier, CRC Press, USA. He is Managing Editor in International Journal of Machine Learning and Networked Collaborative Engineering (IJMLNCE) ISSN 2581-3242.
Table of Contents
1. Ethical Considerations and Issues of Blockchain Technology-Based Systems in War Zones: A Case Study Approach 2. Blockchain-Based Framework for Data Storage in Peer-to-Peer Scheme Using Interplanetary File System 3. Integration of Blockchain and Internet of Things 4. A Deep Dive Into Security and Privacy Issues of Blockchain Technologies 5. Blockchain Implementation for Internet of Things Applications 6. Blockchain Implementation Using Smart Grid-Based Smart City 7. Cloud-Based Blockchaining for Enhanced Security 8. Blockchain Integration With Low-Power Internet of Things Devices 9. Applications of Blockchain Technology 10. Blockchain-Powered Smart Healthcare System 11. Internet of Things and Blockchain: Integration, Need, Challenges, Applications, and Future Scope 12. Blockchain and Internet of Things: An Overview 13. Cryptocurrency Mechanisms for Blockchains: Models, Characteristics, Challenges, and Applications 14. Overview of Blockchain Technology Concepts 15. Scalability in Blockchain: Challenges and Solutions 16. A Vital Role of Blockchain Technology Toward Internet of Vehicles 17. Need to Know About Combined Technologies of Blockchain and Machine Learning