Here, you’ll find out how to deduct:
- start-up costs
- home office expenses
- vehicles, meals, and travel expenses
- medical expenses, and
- retirement expenses.
|Edition description:||Sixteenth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Stephen Fishman has dedicated his career as an attorney and author to writing useful, authoritative, and recognized guides on business, taxation, and intellectual property matters for small businesses, entrepreneurs, independent contractors, and freelancers. He is the author of 20 books and hundreds of articles, and has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, and many other publications. Among his books are Every Landlord’s Tax Deduction Guide, Deduct It! Lower Your Small Business Taxes, and Working for Yourself: Law & Taxes for Independent Contractors, Freelancers & Gig Workers of All Types, published by Nolo. He is a two-time recipient of the Independent Book Publishers Association’s Benjamin Franklin Award.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
1. Some Tax Basics
2. Is Your Home Really a Business?
3. Getting Your Business Up and Running
4. Home Business Operating Expenses
5. Deducting Long-Term Assets
6. The Home Office Deduction
7. The Pass-Through Tax Deduction
8. Getting Around Town: Car and Local Travel Expenses
9. Leaving Town: Business Travel
11. Hiring Help: Employees and Independent Contractors
12. What if You Get Sick? Deducting Medical Expenses
13. Deductions that Can Help You Retire
14. More Home Business Deductions
15. Record Keeping and Accounting
16. Businesses Owned by Spouses
17. Eight Tips for Avoiding an IRS Audit
Understanding tax deductions is an essential part of any home businesswithout the money saved by taking deductions, many home businesses couldn’t get started or operate profitably. This book covers all you need to know about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to make sure you that you are taking advantage of all the tax deductions to which you are entitled. Practical and organized by chapter into the most commonly used home business tax deductions, this book shows how to plan for and take advantage of the tax breaks available to home business owners. From home office expenses to start-up expenses to health care costs to travel, and meals, this book shows home business owners how to deduct their business-related expenses and pay less to the IRS.