Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read Level 1 is the first Pre-K level in the complete 8-level Learn to Read series.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 6: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
All 8 levels are available in the Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kit
Designed to give your child a strong foundation in phonemic awareness, a crucial pre-reading skill, Learn to Read Level 1 introduces these beginning concepts:
- The Alphabet
- Recognizing Uppercase Letters
- Tracing Letter Shapes
- Identifying Letter Sounds
- Rhyming Words and Beginning Sounds
This set includes:
- 2 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Pop! Pop! Pop!
- The Letter Hunt
- 1 Bonus Book, The Cereal Box, by the award-winning children’s book author and illustrator David McPhail
- 1 Workbook that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 1 DVD filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 1 Set of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- 2 Sets of Letters and Picture Flashcards designed to reinforce letter names and letter sounds
- Video streaming online of all DVD content and additional bonus content on MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the videos and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your child’s progress!
About the Author
At Hooked on Phonics, we believe that every child loves to learn, so we focus on nurturing that thirst for knowledge with products that are fun, effective, and easy to use. We respond to a child’s natural curiosity and support families and teachers as they help children improve literacy skills. We celebrate every success so learning becomes a positive cycle that kids will love to repeat again and again. We meet all children at their level, engage their imaginations, and help them climb to the next level step by step. Every achievement ends in a celebration of success, an elevation of confidence, and an increase in self-esteem. As children master reading skills, they also lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning. It’s our goal to make a difference in children’s lives by making learning fun and easy. That’s why we’ve brought together a dedicated team of parents, leading educators, interactive designers, writers, and artists. Through collaboration, research, and testing, we continually develop innovative products and systems that teach children not only to learn but also to love learning.