Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read Levels 7&8 Complete includes both 2nd Grade levels in the complete 8-level Learn to Read series.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 6: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
All 8 levels are available in the Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kit
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read Levels 7&8 Complete covers:
- First Grade Review
- Long Vowel Sounds with “e”
- Vowel Teams Like “ee,” “oa,” “ai,” “oy,” “au,” and “oi”
- “r”-controlled Words
- “y” at the End of a Word
- Diphthongs and Complex Consonant Blends Like “igh” and “spl”
- “wr-” and “kn-”
- Soft “c” and “g”
- Two-Syllable Words
- 36 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 6 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Kate and the Talent Show
- My Giant Bunny
- How Do We Get There from Here?
- This Book is Broken
- The Puppy Look
- Shoes in the Night
- 2 Bonus Books by the award-winning children's book authors Michelle Knudsen and Carolyn Crimi
- Smart Shark by Michelle Knudsen
- The Swish-Smacker Dirt Hacker by Carolyn Crimi
- 2 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 2 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- Video streaming online of all DVD content and additional bonus content on MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the videos and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your child’s progress!
About the Author
At Hooked on Phonics, we believe that every child loves to learn, so we focus on nurturing that thirst for knowledge with products that are fun, effective, and easy to use. We respond to a child’s natural curiosity and support families and teachers as they help children improve literacy skills. We celebrate every success so learning becomes a positive cycle that kids will love to repeat again and again. We meet all children at their level, engage their imaginations, and help them climb to the next level step by step. Every achievement ends in a celebration of success, an elevation of confidence, and an increase in self-esteem. As children master reading skills, they also lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning. It’s our goal to make a difference in children’s lives by making learning fun and easy. That’s why we’ve brought together a dedicated team of parents, leading educators, interactive designers, writers, and artists. Through collaboration, research, and testing, we continually develop innovative products and systems that teach children not only to learn but also to love learning.