How to be a Brilliant Trainee Teacher / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
How to be a Brilliant Trainee Teacher sets out clear and practical guidelines to support your training and enhance your teaching, moving you directly towards a real understanding of how and why pupils learn and how you can enhance your own progress. This second edition has been updated to offer you timely advice that has been drawn from the author’s extensive and successful personal experience as a teacher-trainer, teacher and examiner.
The book offers reassurance and support with the difficulties you might encounter through your training as a teacher. Why won’t Year 8 actually do anything? Why do we have to read all this theory? I know my pace and timing need improvement, but what do I actually do about it? Why haven’t I moved forward at all in the last four weeks?
It does this by:
· outlining strategies for organisation;
· exploring issues of personal development;
· demystifying areas often seen as difficult or complex;
· providing achievable and practical solutions;
· directly addressing anxieties.
Although a practical book, at its heart lie essential principles about good teaching and learning. It is anecdotal and readable, and may be dipped into for innovative lesson ideas or read from cover to cover as a short, enjoyable course that discovers exciting teaching principles in successful, practical experience.
How to be a Brilliant Trainee Teacher is ideal for secondary trainee teachers, but the underlying principles about what makes a brilliant trainee teacher are applicable to primary trainees too.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Trevor Wright is a Senior Fellow and Senior Lecturer in Secondary Education at the University of Worcester, UK.
Table of Contents
1. Questions at an Interview 2. Key Journeys 3. Being a Teacher 4. Being a Trainee 5. Planning 6. Managing Learning, Managing Classrooms 7. Reflection and Evaluation 8. Being Brilliant 9. Finishing and Starting