The most comprehensive coverage of the 2014 syllabus, this resource pack includes a print and online Biology Course Book, for fully flexible learning. Giving you unparalleled support for the new concept-based approach to learning, the Nature of science, understanding, applications and skills are integrated in every topic, alongside TOK to drive inquiry and independent learning. Assessment support directly from the IB includes practice questions and worked examples in each topic, along with focused support for both the Internal Assessment and Extended Essay. Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, this Course Book gives unrivalled insight and support at every stage.
· Pack includes Course Book in print and fully online format for the most flexible support
· Accurately cover the new syllabus - the most comprehensive match, with support directly from the IB on the core, AHL and all the options
· Fully integrate the new concept-based approach, holistically addressing understanding, applications, skills and the Nature of science
· Tangibly build assessment confidence with assessment support straight from the IB
· Build confidence - data-based questions and focused practice support exceptional achievement
· Written by co-authors of the new syllabus and leading IB workshop leaders
· Online Course Book includes multiplatform access, compatible with PCs, Macs, iPads, tablets and more
· Online Course Book normally accessible for seven years from syllabus release date, to be used by a single student or teacher
· Supported by a fully comprehensive and updated Study Guide
About the Series:
Oxford's IB Diploma Course Books are essential resource materials designed in cooperation with the IB to provide students with extra support through their IB studies. Course Books provide advice and guidance on specific course assessment requirements, mirroring the IB philosophy and providing opportunities for critical thinking.
About the Author
Andrew Allott was an IB Diploma student in 1974. He has since acted as an IB Advisor and worked extensively on IB curriculum review. He is currently Head of Biology at Shrewsbury School, UK.
David Mindorff is an IB Coordinator and Head of Academics at Lyford Cay International School, Bahamas.
Table of Contents
Evolution and biodiversity
Nucleic acids (AHL)
Metabolism, cell respiration and photosynthesis (AHL)
Plant biology (AHL)
Genetics and evolution (AHL)
Animal physiology (AHL)
Option A: Neurobiology and behaviour
Option B: Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
Option C: Ecology and conservation
Option D: Human physiology