Preaching is an essential component of priestly ministry and a means of pastoral engagement with the community, incarnating the holy and the eternal in the local and the now, and articulating the prophetic voice of the Church. It is a high calling and preachers rightly feel daunted by it.
This wise, elegant and practical companion, illustrated with examples of sermon texts, offers a rich doctrine of preaching in the Anglican tradition that will inspire confidence and hone skills. It explores key aspects of preaching including:
- Scripture as the heart of all preaching
- Preaching as mission and engagement with the wider world
- Preaching to all agesthe use of story
- Preaching and rites of passagebaptisms, wedding and funerals
- Preaching through the liturgical year including festivals
|Publisher:||Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Jeremy Davies was, until his retirement, Precentor of Salisbury Cathedral where his preaching was renowned. He is frequently invited to preach in the US and is a popular conference speaker.