Fantasy. Fun. Tenderness... and a magical journey!Lucy is a sweet little girl who loves letting her imagination run wild. Is there a better place for it than in the clouds? Join Lucy in her magical journey, enjoy her funny games in the clouds and live with her the most fabulous adventures!
In the clouds aims to encourage creativity, emotion and feelings in children; awaking in them curiosity for simple things like the clouds in the sky. With this illustrated book for kids they will discover that real fun is possible just using their imagination. And also... to have fun!
In the clouds is a childreńs early learning book suitable as a read aloud book for baby, toddler and preschool readers; or a self read book for older children.
What readers say:
★★★★★ "A lovely book that encourages kids to use their imagination. We enjoyed our trip around the world, riding on clouds with Lucy."
★★★★★ "I liked that this book encourages young readers use their imaginations and look beyond the ordinary things in life."
★★★★★ "A perfect bedtime story for small children. The illustrations are absolutely adorable."
★★★★★ "Highly recomendable!!"
Other books in english from Lucýs world series:
- Flowy: Lucy has received a shy and nice flower that she has named Flowy. Her arrival brings an important responsibility: she will have to look after her
- My Little sister: When her parents told Lucy that she was going to have a baby sister, she never imagined that everything would change so much.
- Can I play?: Lucy is having a big birthday party. What she doesńt know is that her friends will want to play with her toys, and Lucy doesńt really like to share.
- My cow Rudolpha: Lucy always wanted a pet, but she never imagined that it would be ... a cow!
- The book of dreams: A book comes flying down from the sky and falls into Lucy's hands. When she opens it up, someone appears from inside the book! A child with a naughty smile, who takes her on an amazing journey.
- If Santa didn't have his sleigh: Lucy and Mary love Christmas. It's their favorite time of the year! However, there is something that worries Lucy a lot: If Santa did not have his sleigh, how would he bring his gifts to all the children of the world?
- If the Three Kings didn't have their camels: Lucy and Mary love Christmas. It's their favorite time of the year! However, there is something that worries Lucy a lot: If the Three Kings did not have their camels, how would they bring gifts to all the children of the world?
- Lucy's Alphabet: Lucy shows to the readers the 26 letters of the Alphabet. She has chosen a word for each letter. And, with each word, Lucy tells us a short storytale.
- Lucy's Numbers: Lucy and Mary play with their magic numbers and suddenly... a strong wind comes in and blows away the numbers! The girls will have to go look for them, having a great adventure.
About the Author
Gilberto Mariscal, author of In the clouds, feels like writting every morning. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. He always tries his best to write happy stories full of imagination, fantasy and optimism. He is the father of two amazing girls and amuses them whith long tales and fancy games.
María Jesús Jiménez Miranda, illustrator of In the clouds, is a spanish author better known as Chuwy. She has created a portfolio with almost 2000 illustrations in Istockphoto and Getty Images, achieving global impact in the microstock world and the advertising market. She is the mother of two little girls who inspire her every day, making her happier and happier.
Lucy is a cute girl who once asked her mother to draw a tale for her. It just had to be the same story her father told her the previous night. Despite her mother's doubts, Lucy persuaded her to do it.
All of them live in the sunny south of Spain.