Written by a team of international experts, Koi: A Complete Guide to their Care and Color Varieties contains information and advice that incorporates the latest developments in koi research.
- Purchasing koi
- Body conformation, deportment, color, pattern, and quality
- The koi pond, including technology, like de-icers and warming tents
- Water quality and filtration
- Koi physiology, disease prevention, and good nutrition
- Showing koi, how to achieve optimal health, color and shine
- Designing and building a pond
- Identifying the many varieties of koi.
This book fulfils the need for a reasonably priced and up to date, expert guide on keeping koi. It is essential selection for all enthusiasts, from excited beginners to koi kichi ("koi crazy").
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Peter Burgess is a university lecturer specializing in ornamental fish. His PhD was in research on whitespot disease in tropical marine fish. Dr. Paula Reynolds is an aquatic pathobiologist and proprietor of Lincolnshire Fish Health Laboratories and Research Centre, which carries out health screening on koi from around the world.