Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's Route 66's Road Trips. Featuring three amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, you can search for roadside attractions or dillydally your way through the desert, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road! Inside Lonely Planet's Route 66's Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers Los Angeles, Chicago, St Louis, Kansas, California, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois and more
- Planning a Route 66 trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Route 66 city? Check out Lonely Planet's Chicago guide and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Pocket Chicago and Pocket Los Angeles, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.