Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Learn and understand thousands of new English words
Clear, comprehensive, and easy to use, McGraw-Hill: Essential ESL Dictionary for Learners of English was developed to meet the needs of ESL students like you. Inside you will find more than 9,000 English terms, each with a simple definition so you will understand its meaning and usage. Every entry is accompanied by its phonetic translation, definition, and explanation. You'll find example sentences throughout that show English words in context. Hundreds of illustrations are also used throughout the dictionary, giving you visual reinforcement of word meanings.
- 9,000+ American and British words, explained in easy-to-understand language
- Grammar and usage boxes to aid your understanding of key concepts
- A grammar summary that highlights parts of speech, idioms, sentence structures, and more
- A special section of illustrationsfeaturing thematic groups of words including animals, nature, electronics, music, the classroom, and moreto help you remember common terms
- A conversation guide that identifies important phrases for everyday situations such as meeting people, asking directions, going shopping, and more
Whether you use it at work, in school, or at home, McGraw-Hill: Essential ESL Dictionary for Learners of English will become your trusted reference as you learn the language and build your English skills.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Grupo SM is the third-largest educational publisher in the Spanish-speaking world. They have sold more than 25 million books worldwide, including primary and seconary textbooks, children's and teen literature, and reference books.