Medical Terminology Systems: A Body Systems Approach / Edition 8 available in Paperback
An innovative word-building approach covers each word one by one, introducing the word elements first roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes to help you easily decipher medical terminology.
- Full-color illustrations and a streamlined layout helps you progress through the text step by step.
- A reading level appropriate for all learners makes concepts crystal clear.
- Body Systems Connections tables identify interrelationships of each body system to give you a thorough understanding of each system.
- Coverage features all aspects of healthcare, including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and a strong focus on A&P and pathology.
- Every body systems chapter includes complete medical records, word-building activities, and key terms.
- Coverage of commonly used psychiatric terms and drugs.
The Medical Language Lab
The MLL is the interactive, online program for med term mastery customized for Medical Terminology Systems, 8th Edition. Version 2.0 features even more ways for you to learn medical terminology.
- Lessons that correspond to the chapters in the text
- Integrated ebook
- Lecture videos with learning style tips to help students identify the ways they learn best
- Audio Tutorials with interactive exercises
- Progressive immersive, multi-media activities
- Automatic grading and reporting to Gradebook. See an example of the Gradebook here.
- Additional practice exercises
- Opportunities for collaborative learning
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Basic Elements of a Medical Word
4. Body Structure
5. Integumentary System
6. Digestive System
7. Respiratory System
8. Cardiovascular System
9. Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
10. Musculoskeletal System
11. Urinary System
12. Female Reproductive System
13. Male Reproductive System
14. Endocrine System
15. Nervous System
16. Special Senses
A. Answer Key
B. Common Abbreviations and Symbols
C. Glossary of Medical Word Elements
D. Index of Genetic Disorders
E. Index of Clinical, Laboratory, and Imaging Procedures
F. Index of Pharmacology
G. Index of Oncological Terms
H. Index of Discontinued Abbreviations and Eponyms
Rules for Singular and Plural Suffixes