Starring droll dogs, funny felines, hilarious horses, and many other amusing animals.
The latest offering from Summit Studios, the publisher that brought you bestselling humor titles such as "Mugged by a Moose," "A Beaver is Eating My Canoe," and "Never Trust a Smiling Bear." What does a golden lab that steals laundry off a neighbor’s clothesline have in common with a mynah bird that can imitate a flushing toilet? Or what does a “pet” wasp with a taste for shrimp have in common with an old boxer that has a taste for caviar? What they share is a place in the pages of this book: an unforgettable collection of the most hilarious and outrageous animal stories you are ever likely to read.
* Join campground attendant Madge Brown as she tries to prevent a miffed camper from chasing after a marauding grizzly bear with her frying pan.
* Read about an unexpected rendezvous between writer Steve Pitt, a lobster, and the Queen of England.
* Laugh when Mary Patterson catches her pooch in the act of shoplifting and marvel at where he’s stashed his loot.
* Find out what a barnyard turkey stole from Lori Feldberg’s father-in-law.
* Adopt an orphaned monkey with Sharon Fitzsimmons as she and her husband travel the length of Africa.
* Learn how a stray dog that Stuart Reininger tries to shoo away ends up saving his life.
And many more stories....
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author
A graduate of Wilfrid Laurier’s Business Administration program in Waterloo, Canada, Matt Jackson was lured away from the corporate world by the thrill of adventure journalism while still a university student. He is now an author, editor, photojournalist and professional speaker, and is the president of Summit Studios, a publishing company specializing in books about travel, humor and the great outdoors.
Matt’s first book, "The Canada Chronicles: A Four-year Hitchhiking Odyssey," is a Canadian bestseller and won the IPPY award for best North American travel memoir in 2004. He has edited eight anthologies of short stories, including bestselling titles "Mugged by a Moose," "A Beaver is Eating My Canoe," and "Never Trust a Smiling Bear." His writing and photographs have also been featured in more than two dozen popular magazines such as Canadian Geographic, Equinox, Backpacker, Explore, Canoe & Kayak, and BBC Wildlife.
He lives with his wife Stacey and daughter Louise in Victoria, BC, where they spend as much time hiking and kayaking as possible.