Prepare for and pass your local, state, or board exams with Mosby’s Dental Assisting Exam Review, 3rd Edition. This best-selling comprehensive resource is modeled after the format of the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA®) exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) and includes 600 all-new questions. With a total of 2,800 total multiple-choice questions and nearly seven times the practice of the CDA® exam, all the standard topics and procedures specific to dental assisting are meticulously covered. In addition, an updated companion website includes a database of exam questions and a custom test generator with time-clock functionality. Plus, this is the only product on the market to address state-by-state expanded functions with state-specific questions to give you realistic practice wherever you plan to practice.
• Comprehensive practice with 2,800 total multiple-choice questions provides nearly seven times the practice of the board exam.
• National board format follows the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA®) blueprints with the same number and type of questions you can expect to see in the General Chairside, Infection Control, and Radiation Health and Safety component exams.
• Answer key and rationales help you assess your understanding and gauge your exam readiness.
• Unique companion website allows you to practice specific types and numbers of questions or easily generate a simulated exam from the 2,800-question item bank to mimic the types and numbers of questions on the CDA® exam.
• Realistic computerized testing experience with a clock functionality helps you learn to master time for optimal test-day readiness.
• Photos and illustrations included with exam questions provide realistic exam simulation.
• NEW! Content review sections summarize key information to provide an even more comprehensive exam-preparation product.
• NEW! Approximatley 600 all-new questions provides you more opportunities to master content and gain test-taking confidence.
• NEW! Expanded question rationales help you to break down and understand questions and strengthen your grasp of the material.
• UNIQUE! Additional expanded functions questions ensure that you are prepared for exam success in any state you choose to practice.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents
PART 1: Content Review
Chapter 1: General Chairside Assisting Exam Review 1.Collection and Recording of Clinical Data 2.Chairside Dental Procedures 3.Chairside Dental Materials: Preparation, Manipulation, Application 4.Laboratory Materials and Procedures 5.Patient Education and Oral Health Management 6.Prevention and Management of Emergencies 7.Office Operations
Chapter 2: Radiation Health and Safety Exam Review 1.Expose and Evaluate 2.Quality Assurance and Radiology Regulations 3.Radiation Safety for Patients and Operators 4.Infection Control
Chapter 3: Infection Control Exam Review 1.Patient and Dental Healthcare Worker Education 2.Standard/Universal Precautions and the Prevention of Disease Transmission a.Preventing cross-contamination and disease transmission b.Maintaining aseptic conditions c.Instrument processing d.Asepsis procedures 3.Occupational Safety
PART 2: Practice Examinations
Test 1 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
Test 2 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
Test 3 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
National and State Contacts Bibliography/Suggested Readings Figure Credits