What does that term mean? How is it even pronounced? Make sense of the complex world of health care with Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 8th Edition. This comprehensive, portable dictionary offers a unique, strong focus on nursing and health science terminology. Featuring over 56,600 authoritative definitions of diseases, procedures, equipment, drugs, and more, it ensures you have the most reliable health science information right at your fingertips. Word roots and pronunciations help you learn and correctly use medical terminology, and alphabetized screened thumb tabs make finding definitions quick and easy.
• Emphasis on nursing and health science terminologysupports health science students and practicing professionals.
• Over 56,600 definitionsprovide you with necessary information.
• Revised by an experienced educator, Marie O’Toole, and an expert team of health professionals, nurses, and doctors, so definitions are brief, pertinent, and most important of all accurate!
• Practical alphabetical organization without subentries makes it easier for you to find terms.
• British spellingsassist you in recognizing alternate spellings.
• Pronunciations for key terms help you use terminology correctly in everyday practice.
• A Spanish/English Appendix and commonly used abbreviations, printed on the front and back endsheets, make dictionary an indispensable reference.
• Alphabetized screened thumb tabssave you time locating terms.
• Included etymologiesbuild professional vocabulary and understanding of medical terminology.
• Small trim sizemakes dictionary easy to transport.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||4.40(w) x 7.30(h) x 1.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Commonly Used Abbreviations (Endsheets)
Guide to the Dictionary
Appendix 1: English-Spanish Translation Guide
Appendix 2: American Sign Language and Manual Communication