New ADHD Medication Rules deals with the over-medication, missed diagnoses and imbalanced medical treatments used today in the treatment of ADHD. Dr. Parker shows where and how these imbalances occur, provides the data and explanations for why treatment is often incorrect, and then simplifies and explains insightful methods for dealing with ADHD medications, both for medical practioners and parents of kids and adults with ADHD.
Rules is based upon the latest brain science, and includes a variety of associated treatment topics that address the real complexity of ADHD medical management.
The variables that effect medication effectiveness range from sleep, to breakfast, to biomedical interferences that can dramatically change the way medications burn in the body. Without Rules the possibility of missing potentially dangerous drug interactions and associated diagnostic challenges, such as depression and anxiety, adds to the greater possibility of treatment failure.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.37(d)|
About the Author
His CorePsych Blog has won numerous ADHD writing awards over the years, and set new standards for the diagnosis and treatment of Executive Function Disorders. This is his second book. Dr. Parker works and lives in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Table of Contents
Section I: First Things First
Beginning Treatment, First Identify Target Objectives
1. Right Drugs For The Right Diagnosis
2. How to Get Past Outward Appearances
3. Acting ADHD: Acting Without Thinking
4. Thinking ADHD: Thinking Without Acting
5. Avoiding ADHD: Not Thinking And Not Acting
6. Measure Metabolism: The Burn Rate
7. Depression & Anxiety: ADHD Confusion
8. Furious Minds: Bipolar And ADHD
9. Unpredictable: Brain Injury And ADHD
Section II: Monitoring Medication Progress
Improved Structural Grids for Medication Management
10. Shoot For Your Therapeutic Window
11. Breakfast Matters
12. Sleep For Brain Defrag
13. Managing With Your Medical Team
Most Helpful Customer Reviews