Office Orthopedics for Primary Care: Treatment / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
The revised and expanded 3rd Edition of this widely popular text provides proven how-to guidance for the management of 52 of the most common musculoskeletal disorders seen in today's clinical settings, including strains, sprains, overuse injuries, and inflammatory and arthritic conditions. It explains each problem, how a typical patient describes the discomfort, what to look for during the examination, when to request X-rays, and how to draw a sound diagnosis from clinical observations. The text features updated tables of supports, braces, and casts that make it easy to choose the most efficient and cost-effective immobilizers.
• Features the expertise of Dr. Bruce Carl Anderson, a world authority on orthopedic practice in primary care.
• Presents straightforward, proven "how-tos" for the 52 most common orthopedic problems20 new to this edition.
• Offers detailed descriptions and simple but effective anatomical drawings that demonstrate the 37 most effective local injection sites.
• Features 30 ready-to-copy patient information sheets that show patients how to do rehabilitation exercises.
• Includes many at-a-glance tables that compare dosages * outline costs * detail the uses of injectable corticosteroids, NSAIDs, and calcium supplements * and show supports, braces, and casts.
• Covers new treatments that have become more common in recent years, such as treatment for geriatric patients and exercise-related injuries.
• Features expanded patient education content, including more patient handouts than ever.
• Includes 100 new anatomical drawings.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.96(h) x 0.48(d)|
Table of Contents
Section I The 52 Most Common Outpatient Orthopedic Conditions
Chapter 1 Neck
Chapter 2 Shoulder
Chapter 3 Elbow
Chapter 4 Wrist
Chapter 5 Hand
Chapter 6 Chest
Chapter 7 Back
Chapter 8 Hip
Chapter 9 Knee
Chapter 10 Ankle
Chapter 11 Foot
Section II Fractures
Chapter 12 Fractures Frequently Encountered in Primary Care
Section III Exercise Instruction Sheets
Chapter 13 Exercise Instructions for Home Physical Therapy
Section IV Supports, Braces, and Casts
Chapter 14 The Most Commonly Used Supports, Braces, and Casts
Fractures, Medications, Lab Values