Extract, Transform, and Load data to build a dynamic, operational data warehouse with Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g R2 with this book and eBook
- Build a working data warehouse from scratch with Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Cover techniques in Extracting, Transforming, and Loading data into your data warehouse
- Use a multi-dimensional design with an underlying relational star schema
- This second edition covers great new features of 11gR2 such as the new user interface and a whole new chapter on code templates that implement knowledge module functionality from Oracle Data Integrator
In today's economy, businesses and IT professionals cannot afford to lag behind the latest technologies. Data warehousing is a critical area to the success of many enterprises, and Oracle Warehouse Builder is a powerful tool for building data warehouses. It comes free with the latest version of the Oracle database.
Written in an accessible, informative, and focused manner, this book will teach you to use Oracle Warehouse Builder to build your data warehouse. Covering warehouse design, the import of source data, the ETL cycle and more, this book will have you up and running in next to no time.
This book will walk you through the complete process of planning, building, and deploying a data warehouse using Oracle Warehouse Builder. By the book's end, you will have built your own data warehouse from scratch.
Starting with the installation of the Oracle Database and Warehouse Builder software, this book then covers the analysis of source data, designing a data warehouse, and extracting, transforming, and loading data from the source system into the data warehouse. You'll follow the whole process with detailed screenshots of key steps along the way that have all been updated for the new Fusion Client Platform interface in 11gR2, alongside numerous tips and hints not covered by the official documentation.
You'll finish up with a brand new chapter on code templates where you'll implement a complete mapping using JDBC connectivity and code template mappings.
What you will learn
- Configure your Oracle database to communicate with a non-Oracle database using Oracle Heterogeneous Services
- Build, view, and edit a cube and its dimensions, using Warehouse Builder Wizards and the Data Object Editor
- Discover the underlying star schema relational structure that Warehouse Builder will build to implement your cube and dimensions
- Recognize what a staging area is, and build a staging table and mapping to load it from SQL Server database tables
- Master various operators for use in mappings, for the transformation and flow of data
- Build and execute mappings to load dimensions and a cube using the Warehouse Builder Mapping Editor and Control Center Manager
- Detailed explanation of the new interface in 11gR2
- Implement JDBC connectivity to a remote database and access source data using a code template mapping
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.86(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Defining and Importing Source Data Structures
- Designing the Target Structure
- Creating the Target Structure in OWB
- Extract, Transform, and Load Basics
- ETL: Putting it Together
- ETL: Transformations and Other Operators
- Validating, Generating, Deploying, and Executing Objects
- Extra Features
- Code Template Mappings