This book offers true stories of bloodthirsty pirates and the courageous men trying to stop them during the Western Hemisphere's golden age of piracy in the 17th and 18th centuries.
• Comprises 400 A–Z biographical entries on pirates and privateers, as well as those officials who fought them, plus numerous related topics
• A brief chronology details related events at the end of each volume
• Includes 150 ancient maps, ship views, harbor charts, and modern renderings, plus 12 maps commissioned for this work
• Offers a select bibliography at the end of each volume
• Presents a glossary at the end of each volume, including some colorful and unusual expressions
• Provides a comprehensive index at the end of each volume
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 2.60(d)|
|Age Range:||14 - 18 Years|
About the Author
David F. Marley is a naval historian who has lived and traveled extensively in Latin America and Europe and currently resides in Canada.