In an age where everything is measurable, understanding big data is an essential. From creating new data-driven products through to increasing operational efficiency, big data has the potential to make your organization both more competitive and more innovative.
As this emerging field transitions from the bleeding edge to enterprise infrastructure, it's vital to understand not only the technologies involved, but the organizational and cultural demands of being data-driven.
Written by O'Reilly Radar's experts on big data, this anthology describes:
- The broad industry changes heralded by the big data era
- What big data is, what it means to your business, and how to start solving data problems
- The software that makes up the Hadoop big data stack, and the major enterprise vendors' Hadoop solutions
- The landscape of NoSQL databases and their relative merits
- How visualization plays an important part in data work
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Edd Dumbill is a technologist, writer and programmer based in California. He is the program chair for the O’Reilly Strata and Open Source Convention Conferences.
He was the founder and creator of the Expectnation conference management system, and a co-founder of the Pharmalicensing.com online intellectual property exchange.
A veteran of open source, Edd has contributed to various projects, such as Debian and GNOME, and created the DOAP Vocabulary for describing software projects.
Edd has written four books, including O’Reilly’s “Learning Rails”. He writes regularly on Google+ and on his blog at eddology.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews