Pocket Companion to Equine Medicine and Surgery / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Designed as a stand-alone quick reference for students and practitioners, MANUAL OF EQUINE MEDICINE AND SURGERY covers major assessment, diagnostic, and treatment protocols for common equine problems. The most important information, including tables, boxes, and reformatted narrative, from EQUINE MEDICINE AND SURGERY is included. Like the parent text, the manual logically presents common disorders by body system and has a distinctive approach that enables students and practitioners to make diagnoses by assessing the disease process.
* Serves as a quick reference for up-to-date coverage of equine medicine and surgery. * Provides a global perspective of equine medicine and surgery from authoritative, international contributors and editors. * Covers major assessment, diagnostic, and treatment protocols for common equine problems in a concise format. * Offers a cost savings when purchased in a package with the book, EQUINE MEDICINE AND SURGERY, or available separately.
• Provides updated information on all aspects of equine practice. Incorporates information from many new authoritative contributors who are on the cutting edge of the research
• Includes over 1,250 illustrations (most are new) and new color plates in the chapters on the respiratory and musculoskeletal systems. Enhances the scope of coverage with new chapters on:
• Practice management Critical care, including the most current information on circulatory shock, endotoxemia, septicemia, ischemia-reperfusion injury, and disaster medicine
• Chemical restraint, general anesthesia, and surgery Neonatal evaluation and management (plus new neonatal coverage integrated into each body system chapter)
• Provides revised, updated, and expanded discussions of: Exercise physiology tolerance testing, alternative medicine and acupuncture
• Laminitis, including the latest research and prevention techniques Equine protozoal myelitis
• Farriery in a new section, written by a certified journeyman farrier, that includes more than 60 new illustrations and discusses shoes as therapeutic devices in treatment of lameness, bacterial and fungal infections, and tendon injuries Thermography, accompanied by a new color plate section
• Neonatal therapy integrated into each body system chapter Embryo transfer, breeding using chilled semen, and postbreeding endometritis as a cause of infertility that reflects up-to-the-minute research by the author
• Ischemia-reperfusion injury, including all the latest research Adds chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter with page numbers, making information easier to access
• Offers a new Manual of Equine Medicine and Surgery packaged with the book at a cost savings or available separately.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||4.80(w) x 8.40(h) x 1.00(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
Clinical Syndromes: Diagnostic Approaches to Common Presenting Complaints Principles of Equine Practice Management Patient Evaluation and Diagnosis Principles of Therapy Critical Care Medicine Neonatal Evaluation and Management Principles of Chemical Restraint, General Anesthesia and Surgery Cardiovascular System Respiratory System Alimentary System Nervous System Reproductive System: the Stallion Reproductive System: the Mare Ocular System Musculoskeletal System Urinary System Integumentary System Endocrine System Hemolymphatic System