Covers diet, supplements, food preparation, food storage, marketing labels, food additives, toxic chemicals, pollution, germs, allergens, cell phone radiation, cosmetics, skin protection, exercise, sleep, stress, and more!
Most of us would probably like to live a long time. More importantly, most of us would like to enjoy a high quality of life for as long as possible. Unfortunately, bad habits, poor nutrition, dirty air, diseases, and even bad luck threaten to rob us of our vitality and shorten our lives. When we attempt to take control of our own health, we are inundated with an endless supply of information, much of it conflicting and ineffective. As a result, instead of being proactive, we end up confused and discouraged.
However, there is good news. The answers to all of our questions are right in front of us. We just need to take a step back and use some common sense to see it. This book will make that process easier. It sifts through the deluge of information in order to discern what is most important for health and long life. Now, we won't have to rely on blind experimentation and false hope any longer. Regardless of personal circumstance and state of health, this book will help you achieve the following:
- Maintain optimal health through diet, and understand the limitations of alternative sources of nutrition
- Be able to read and understand marketing labels when shopping for food
- Maximize the benefits of healthy food by understanding the factors that influence nutritional quality
- Strengthen your body over time to combat illness and possibly overcome bad genes
- Increase vitality through preventive measures commonly overlooked
- Minimize unnecessary exposure to environmental hazards including toxic chemicals, pollutants, germs, and harmful radiation
- Avoid unhealthy extremes that sabotage health and decrease longevity
- Interpret health claims and make informed decisions using the latest scientific research
This book presents a new approach to help you think a little differently about achieving long term health and empowers you with the mindset to make it happen.
Shawn Konecni holds a doctorate in biomedical engineering as well as academic degrees in microbiology, computer science, and business administration. With his unique background, he has worked as a research scientist, technology manager, university instructor, and entrepreneur. Shawn utilizes his extensive knowledge and experience to help readers find new ways to approach existing problems and think outside the box.