- An up-to-date summary of federal real estate legislation and regulations
- An overview and general description of careers in real estate
- A 400-plus-page real estate glossary with A-to-Z short-entry definitions of real estate terms, financing terms, house styles and parts, and real estate organizations
- An extensive set of tables that show monthly mortgage payment figures calculated across a wide range of annual interest rates
- Facsimile real estate forms and worksheets to familiarize potential buyers with the paperwork involved in getting a mortgage and purchasing real estate
Here in one volume is a compendium of facts, figures, and general information that covers virtually every aspect of today’s real estate industry. Features hundreds of charts, tables, and line illustrations.
|Publisher:||Barrons Educational Series|
|Edition description:||Eighth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.26(w) x 6.32(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
Jack P. Friedman earned a BBA degree in Finance from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem N.C., an MBA in Accounting from Pace University in New York, and a PhD in Business Administration with a major in Real Estate from Georgia State University in Atlanta Georgia.
Friedman is a State Certified General Appraiser with licenses in Illinois, Texas, Florida, Georgia and Kentucky. He holds the MAI, SRA and SREA designations from the Appraisal Institute; and the ASA designation from the American Society of Appraisers. He is a Counselor of Real Estate (CRE) awarded by the American Society of Real Estate Counselors, and a stockholder of the Real Estate Consulting Group of America. He is a Weimer Fellow in the Homer Hoyt Institute. Friedman has been licensed as a real estate broker in Texas for 40 years.
Friedman is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) originally earned in New York in 1969, licensed in Texas since 1976. He holds additional credentials awarded by the American Institute of CPAs including: Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Table of Contents
MARKETS IN THE UNITED STATES
HOMES FOR METROPOLITAN AREAS, 2004-2011
AFFECTING REAL ESTATE
Monthly Amortizing Mortgage Payments
Loan Progress Tables (Remaining Balance per
$1,000 Original Loan)
Discount Point Tables (Effective Annual Interest Rates
on Loan Held to Maturity)
Graduated-Payment Mortgages (Monthly Payment per
$1,000 of Principal)
The Tax Reform Act of 1986
Parts of a House
Selected Construction Terms
Equivalents Between English and Metric Systems
Real Estate Forms and Worksheets