Real Estate: Tools and Techniques for Success / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Whether preparing for a career, or seeking a better understanding of real estate in everyday life, this book will provide the basis to conduct real estate transactions in the real world. Larsen presents a clear understanding of current theories and practices in the real estate market with this accessible introduction. He covers the critical steps that must be followed in order to obtain, own and sell property.
About the Author
James E. Larsen, Ph. D., joined the Wright State University faculty in 1987. He was previously on the faculty at Marquette University, Creighton University, and the University of Nebraska. His research has appeared in the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association Journal, the Appraisal Journal, Business Law Review, Financial Services Review, Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education, Journal of the Academy of Business Administration, Journal of Real Estate Research, Midwestern Business and Economic Review, The Real Estate Appraiser, and The Real Estate Appraiser and Analyst. At WSU he teaches courses in corporate finance, financial institution management, and real estate.
Table of Contents
Part I: Principles.
1. Introduction to the Real Estate Business.
2. Concepts of Home Ownership.
Part II: Real Estate Ownership and the Law.
3. Interests in Real Estate.
4. Forms of Real Estate Ownership.
5. Real Estate, Taxes and Other Liens.
6. Legal Descriptions.
7. Real Estate Financing.
Part III: Real Estate Transactions.
8. Real Estate Foreclosures.
9. Real Estate Agency and Brokerage.
10. Real Estate Appraisal.
11. Real Estate Contracts.
12. Closing the Real Estate Transaction.
Part IV: Real Estate Development.
13. Property Management and Leasing.
14. Land-Use Controls and Property Development.
15. Federal Income Taxes and Real Estate.