Endorsed by the Chartered Banker Institute as core reading for the Personal & Private Banking and Commercial Lending modules, Relationship Management in Banking supports and develops the need to be able to manage key customer relationships. The text considers the nature of commercial relationships and help the reader synthesise complex factors in order to develop a robust relationship management methodology. It will draw from bona fide case studies and examples that can demonstrate key relationship management concepts as well as bring learning to life and share examples of customers, good and bad, from a range of different sectors.
Through case studies and providing online updates to regulations, Relationship Management in Banking considers how to critically analyze approaches to relationship management used for a variety of banking customer types and examine the impact of legislation, regulation, governance and technology on banking relationship management and customer acquisition and retention. Online supporting resources include a glossary and updates to regulation.
About the Author
Steve Goulding worked for a UK Bank for 35 years, the majority of which were spent in Commercial and Corporate, as a Relationship Director. He is now an author, coach and mentor for a number of financial services personnel, and provides management consultancy services for a number of businesses.
Richard Abley has operated within the banking industry since 1978, fulfilling a number of customer-facing and leadership roles in business and corporate banking. Simultaneously, he has lectured to many hundreds of bankers seeking to obtain their professional qualifications, and has co-authored several books on banking.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Business customers;
- Chapter - 02: Products and services;
- Chapter - 03: Reputational risk and ethics;
- Chapter - 04: The changing nature of banking;
- Chapter - 05: The changing nature of regulation and legislation;
- Chapter - 06: The role of the relationship manager;
- Chapter - 07: Tools and techniques to help relationship managers;
- Chapter - 08: Customer service and portfolio planning;
- Chapter - 09: Relationship strategies: customer retention, development and acquisition;
- Chapter - 10: Case study – gaining new business;
- Chapter - 11: Glossary