Through case studies and providing online updates to regulations, Relationship Management in Banking considers how to critically analyze approaches to relationship management used for a variety of banking customer types and examine the impact of legislation, regulation, governance and technology on banking relationship management and customer acquisition and retention. Online supporting resources include a glossary and updates to regulation.
About the Author
Richard Abley has operated within the banking industry since 1978, fulfilling a number of customer-facing and leadership roles in business and corporate banking. Simultaneously, he has lectured to many hundreds of bankers seeking to obtain their professional qualifications, and has co-authored several books on banking.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Business customers;
- Chapter - 02: Products and services;
- Chapter - 03: Reputational risk and ethics;
- Chapter - 04: The changing nature of banking;
- Chapter - 05: The changing nature of regulation and legislation;
- Chapter - 06: The role of the relationship manager;
- Chapter - 07: Tools and techniques to help relationship managers;
- Chapter - 08: Customer service and portfolio planning;
- Chapter - 09: Relationship strategies: customer retention, development and acquisition;
- Chapter - 10: Case study – gaining new business;
- Chapter - 11: Glossary