- Offers questions in the clinical vignette style, emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Presented in both single-best-answer and extended-matching formats, they reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
- Provides an answer and a detailed explanation for every question at the end of each chapter.
- Includes page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
- Presents correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data to enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines.
- Uses numerous full-color illustrations to test your diagnostic skills.
- Delivers a final comprehensive exam of 50 questions on random exam topics that mimic the USMLE Step 1.
- Features new questions that reflect today’s hot topics in pathology, keeping you up to date.
- Includes many new illustrations to enhance visual guidance.
- Uses a new chapter arrangement to conform to the new Table of Contents in Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition, for easier cross referencing.
About the Author
Table of Contents
UN I T I General Pathology
1 The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease
2 Cellular Pathology
3 Inflammation and Repair
4 Hemodynamic Disorders
5 Genetic Disorders
6 Immune System Diseases
7 Neoplastic Disorders
8 Infectious Diseases
9 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10 Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
U N I T II Diseases of Organ Systems
11 Blood Vessels
12 The Heart
13 Hematopathology of White Blood Cells
14 Hematopathology of Red Blood Cells and Bleeding Disorders
15 The Lung
16 Head and Neck
17 Gastrointestinal Tract
18 Liver and Biliary Tract
21 The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22 Female Genital Tract
23 The Breast
24 The Endocrine System
25 The Skin
26 Bones, Joints, and Soft-Tissue Tumors
27 Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28 Central Nervous System
29 The Eye
30 Final Review and Assessment