This classic resource by Drs. Mitchel P. Goldman, Robert A Weiss, and Jean-Jerome Guex provides highly practical, up-to-date guidance for the effective management of varicose veins and other vascular anomalies. It is an indispensable reference for a wide audience including dermatologists, invasive radiologists, family practitioners, vascular and cosmetic surgeons. Clearly written by global experts, Sclerotherapy, 6th Edition, helps those new to the field to gain a firm understanding of successful techniques, as well as showing seasoned practitioners how to improve and hone their skills with today’s best and newest approaches. Case studies and detailed color illustrations offer step-by-step visual guidance.
- Covers everything you need to know with a practical approach , from the pathogenesis of varicosities to diagnostic and treatment options, including evidence-based decision making.
- Helps you optimize outcomes and improve your surgical, injection, and laser techniques with comprehensive, visual guidance, including coverage of common pitfalls and "tricks of the trade."
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Features hot topic coverage of endovenous glue and new endovenous ablation techniques, as well as updated techniques for optimal use of foam sclerotherapy and uses for solutions recently available on the market.
- Discusses new concepts for treating areas other than the legs, including rejuvenation of the hands and chest.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||42 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of Contents
Adverse Sequelae and Complications of Venous Hypertension
Pathophysiology of Varicose Veins
Pathophysiology of Telangiectasias
Noninvasive Examination of the Patient Before Sclerotherapy
Use of Compression Therapy
Mechanism of Action of Sclerotherapy
Complications and Adverse Sequelae of Sclerotherapy
Clinical Methods for Sclerotherapy of Varicose Veins
Role of Surgery in Treatment of Varicose Veins
Intravascular Approaches to the Treatment of Varicose Veins: Radiofrequency and LASERS
Clinical Methods for Sclerotherapy of Telangiectasias
Treatment of Leg Telangiectasia with Laser and High-Intensity Pulsed Light