"I love Olly's work - and you will too!" - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Icelandic for Beginners has been written especially for students from beginner to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to A2-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you, and give you a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
· Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
· Controlled language at your level, including the 1000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
· Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
· Pleasure! It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
· Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including
· A glossary for bolded words in each text
· A bilingual word list
· Full plot summary
· Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Icelandic for Beginners will make learning Icelandic easy and enjoyable.
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 7.75(h) x 1.75(d)|
About the Author
With no exposure to language growing up, and no special talent to speak of, he had to figure out how to learn a foreign language from scratch. Fifteen years later, Olly has studied ten languages and has decided to reveal how he accomplished his goal of learning foreign languages quickly.
Although he started the "I Will Teach You a Language" blog in order to document his latest language learning experiments, his useful and actionable writing quickly transformed the blog into one of the most popular sources of language learning advice on the web. He now produces language books and courses across a variety of mediums with the goal of helping other people to successfully learn a new language.
Table of Contents
About the Author v
How to Read Effectively ix
The Six-Step Reading Process xiii
Klikkaða kjötsúpan 2
Mjög óvenjulegur leiðangur 32
Óþekkt landsvæði 138
Ósýnilega konan Lára 164
Answer Key 220
Icelandic-English Glossary 221