ISBN-10:
0130812463
ISBN-13:
9780130812469
Pub. Date:
04/05/1999
Publisher:
Prentice Hall
Software Development: Building Reliable Systems / Edition 1

Software Development: Building Reliable Systems / Edition 1

by Marc Hamilton, Mark Hamilton

Paperback

Current price is , Original price is $44.99. You

Temporarily Out of Stock Online

Please check back later for updated availability.

MARKETPLACE
2 New & Used Starting at $3.93

Overview

80% of software projects fail—here's why the other 20% succeed!

Software Development is the most thorough, realistic guide to 'what works' in software development—and how to make it happen in your organization. Leading consultant Marc Hamilton tackles all three key components of successful development: people, processes, and technology.

From streamlining infrastructures to retraining programmers, choosing tools to implementing service-level agreements, Hamilton unifies all of today's best practices—in management, architecture, and software engineering. There's never been a more comprehensive blueprint for software success.

  • Discover 'The Ten Commandments of Software Development'
  • Build a winning software development team, organize it for success - and retain your best talent
  • Create a software architecture that maps to business goals and serves as a foundation for successful development
  • Define processes that streamline component and Web-based development projects
  • Leverage the advantages of object-oriented techniques throughout the entire lifecycle
  • Make the most of Java, JavaBeans, and Jini technology
  • Learn the best ways to measure software quality and productivity—and improve them
Software Development is ruthlessly realistic and remarkably accessible—for managers and technical professionals alike. Best of all, its techniques can be applied to any project or organization, large or small. Ready to build software that meets all its goals? This book will get you there.

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9780130812469
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication date: 04/05/1999
Series: Harris Kern Enterprise Computing Institute Series
Edition description: New Edition
Pages: 357
Product dimensions: 6.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)

About the Author

Mark Hamilton has 16+ years of experience in large-scale software development. At TRW, he worked under mentors such as Dr. Barry Boehm, developer of the legendary 'spiral' method. Now at Sun Microsystems in Los Angeles, he is a systems engineering manager helping enterprise customers design business-critical applications.

Series Editor Harris Kern was formerly Sun's Data Center and System Administrator Manager in Milpitas, CA, and now supports marketing and sales for Sun worldwide. He implemented and supported Sun's first 24x7 mission-critical UNIX production environment, and co-authored Building the New Enterprise (Sun Microsystems Press/Prentice Hall PTR).

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See All Customer Reviews