Spectrum and Network Measurements / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
This updated edition of the industry's classic text combines the theory, practice, and latest technology of spectrum and network measurements in electronic systems to offer a comprehensive and easy way to understand frequency domain measurements.
Spectrum and Network Measurements, 2nd Edition has been completely updated to take into account the latest technology, particularly focusing on the shift from analog to digital in communication systems, plus an important new chapter on EMC measurements of radiated and conducted emissions has also been added. Using simplified block diagrams, this book offers a thorough coverage of critical concepts, such as decibels, Fourier analysis, noise effects, impedance matching, intermodulation distortion, reflection measurements, and S-Parameters.
By picking up where the majority of electrical engineering programs stop, this title takes basic EE theory and translates it to the world of electronic measurements. This enables the reader to understand the basic theory of signals and systems, relate it to measured results, and apply it when creating new designs.
About the Author
Robert A. Witte received a BSEE degree from Purdue University and MSEE degree from Colorado State University. He has spent his entire career in the test and measurement industry, working for Hewlett-Packard, Agilent Technologies, and Keysight Technologies. Robert has contributed to the development of spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes and other instruments. He has held a number of R&D management positions and is currently the Vice President of Technology Leadership for Keysight Technologies. Robert is also the author of Electronic Test Instruments: Analog and Digital Measurements.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Spectrum and Network Measurements
- Chapter 2: Decibels
- Chapter 3: Fourier Theory
- Chapter 4: Fast Fourier Transform Analyzers
- Chapter 5: Swept Spectrum Analyzers
- Chapter 6: Modulation Measurements
- Chapter 7: Distortion Measurements
- Chapter 8: Noise and Noise Measurements
- Chapter 9: Pulse Measurements
- Chapter 10: Averaging and Filtering
- Chapter 11: Transmission Lines
- Chapter 12: Measurement Connections
- Chapter 13: Two-Port Networks
- Chapter 14: Network Analyzers
- Chapter 15: Vector Network Measurements
- Chapter 16: EMC Measurements
- Chapter 17: Analyzer Performance and Specifications
- Appendix A: Two-Port Vector Error Correction