85.49 In Stock
The Second Edition of Sustainable Residential Interiors addresses cutting edge processes, strategies, and principles as well as details for in-depth product vetting criteria. Award-winning, leading interior designer Annette Stelmack shares her expertise from the perspective of LEED Building Design & Construction projects, healthy interiors, and chemical sensitivities, addressing principles, strategies, and solutions for design practitioners. A comprehensive update of the current state of the sustainable interior design industry is provided, including present and upcoming industry transformations, thought-leading principles, strategies and practices for project implementation, and fine points and resources for in-depth product vetting to support high-performing, healthy interiors. Sustainable Residential Interiors takes readers through an integrated design process, demonstrating relevant principles and practices that apply to essentially any interiors project toward creating an environment that is healthy, high-performing, functional, sustainable, and beautiful. In doing so, it:
- Promotes critical thinking about health and environmental issues in the building industry
- Features checklists and current resources, providing a "hands on" practical approach
- Addresses in-depth, applicable third party certifications and details on relevant building rating systems
- Provides in-depth strategies and criteria for fixed interior finishes, fixtures, equipment and furnishings
- Demonstrates successful, relevant, diverse and inspiring case studies
- Delivers comprehensive tools and resources for researching and vetting products' composition and chemical make-up.
- Evaluates all aspects of a building's interior to identify and implement methods that: save energy and water; reduce Co2 emissions and waste; improve indoor air quality free of toxins; and are responsive to environmental impacts
- Encourages forward-thinking by featuring inspirational statements from mentors, peers, and industry leaders
- Urges interior designers to commit to designing safe, healthy environments that are integral to a professional code of ethics, which ensure the delivery of positive outcomes for the client and any building's future occupants
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.20(h) x 5.20(d)|
About the Author
Annette Stelmack, LEED AP BD+C, is the founding principal of design firm Inspirit. A nationally recognized leader, educator, and author she specializes in providing healthy, high performing, and sustainable interiors for multi-unit housing, residential, hospitality and spa projects. An expert trainer she creates and delivers sustainable curriculum through strategic public and private partnerships, such as USGBC LEED Faculty, ASID, and IDCEC. A founding member of USGBC Colorado, Annette pioneered Colorado's sustainability community and serves in multiple volunteer leadership roles nationally for USGBC, Center for Green Schools, and ASID. Kari Foster, Owner & Principal Designer of Associates III, inspires change through design and is an acknowledged environmental leader (LUXE CO Magazine) and a Top Woman in Design (Mountain Living Magazine). Debbie Hindman, LEED AP, is Associates III's Marketing Manager. Educator, researcher, and advocate for all things green design, she leads the firm's business development and marketing activities. Associates III is an interior design firm focused on creating interiors that are life-enhancing, responsible, healthy, and beautiful. Transforming spaces for more than 40 years, Associates III brings experience, environmental sensitivity, and synergy to each project by providing impeccable service, integrity in their practices, and a holistic team approach. Leading by example, Associates III sets themselves apart by combining superb designs with a proven commitment to a sustainable design philosophy.