T-box Genes in Development and Disease looks at the genes encoding the T-box family of transcription factors function as key regulators of many important decision processes during embryonic and tissue development. The importance of these genes is further underlined by the fact that most members of this gene family have been conserved during evolution from worms to humans. This book brings together the current information on conserved aspects with the evolutionary innovations of the functions of these genes during developmental regulation in various animal species and then discusses their important roles in human disease.
- Brings together current knowledge from a wide variety of animal species and humans
- Presents commentary from authoritative experts, and includes many prominent scientists and their research
- Illuminates the connections between developmental biology, evolution, and human disease
- Allows researchers and newcomers to this research area to gain a thorough picture of the current knowledge
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. Evolution and Classification of the T-Box Transcription Factor Family A. Sebé-Pedrós and I. Ruiz-Trillo 2. The Remarkably Diverse Family of T-Box Factors in Caenorhabditis elegans P.G. Okkema 3. T-Box Genes and Developmental Gene Regulatory Networks in Ascidians A. Di Gregorio 4. Eomesodermin – At Dawn of Cell Fate Decisions During Early Embryogenesis S. Probst and S.J. Arnold 5. Cooperation Between T-Box Factors Regulates the Continuous Segregation of Germ Layers During Vertebrate Embryogenesis G.E. Gentsch, R.S. Monteiro and J.C. Smith 6. T-Box Genes in Drosophila Mesoderm Development I. Reim, M. Frasch and C. Schaub 7. TBX5: A Key Regulator of Heart Development J.D. Steimle and I.P. Moskowitz 8. Tbx1: Transcriptional and Developmental Functions A. Baldini, F.G. Fulcoli and E. Illingworth 9. T-Box Genes in the Kidney and Urinary Tract A. Kispert 10. Control of Neuronal Development by T-Box Genes in the Brain A.B. Mihalas and R.F. Hevner 11. T-Box Genes in Drosophila Limb Development G.O. Pflugfelder, F. Eichinger and J. Shen 12. The Roles of T-Box Genes in Vertebrate Limb Development C.J. Sheeba and M.P.O. Logan 13. T-Box Genes in Human Development and Disease T.K. Ghosh, J.D. Brook and A. Wilsdon