|Publisher:||Guilford Publications, Inc.|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.50(h) x (d)|
About the Author
John S. Baer, PhD, is Research Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Washington in Seattle, and Associate Director for Training and Education, Center of Excellence for Substance Abuse Treatment and Education, VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
Table of Contents1. What's Happening on Campus?
2. Responding to College Drinking
3. Assessing Drinking and Related Behaviors
4. Style of the Interaction
5. Brief Individual Interactions: Advice and Consultation
6. Extended Individual Interactions
7. Talking with College Drinkers in a Group
8. Service Integration and Training
Clinical Exercises and Materials
Therapists, counselors, health educators, and medical professionals working with college students and other young adults. May serve as a text in courses and training programs that deal with substance abuse counseling, peer counseling and education, and student health.