The material in this book includes:
32 of the most effective SAT math strategies ever published
115 problems with solutions demonstrating how to use each strategy properly several different solutions for most solved problems
Be careful! Some of Dr. Warner's students have shown such significant score increases that the test makers have accused them of cheating with no evidence besides their score increase from one SAT to the next. If you feel that this may happen to you after using this book please contact Dr. Warner before taking your next SAT and he will tell you how to protect yourself.
Beware of other books on the market that claim to be as good as Dr. Warner's. Other tutors and authors, while very intelligent, often make a mistake by teaching every student how to solve problems in the same way. They do not understand the philosophy of the test and do not always know how to translate their own genius into points which would fit a specific student's needs depending on his/her math level.
"The 32 Most Effective SAT Math Strategies" is perfect for your SAT math prep for 5 reasons:
1. Dr. Warner realizes that every student learns differently and this is one of the reasons that many problems are solved in several different ways using different strategies. Every student will be able to find a solution that is a perfect fit for him/her. More advanced students will especially benefit from Dr. Warner's approach of providing multiple solutions by helping them develop many methods to solve new problems, and to give deeper insight into the problems themselves so that those problems can be solved more quickly, more easily, and with no chance of making careless errors.
2. There are 115 SAT math problems to practice with split into 5 levels and distributed among the 4 general topic areas covered on the test. Explanations of the solutions are so thorough and comprehensible that even second language speakers can easily follow them.
3. The book is designed to generate huge SAT score increases with only 20 minutes of math preparation each day. By arranging the problems by strategy, you can easily find the techniques that you need the most practice with. The level and topic of each question is clearly indicated so you can pick out the problems that you need to focus on to raise your score without wasting time on problems that are too easy or too difficult for you.
4. Dr. Warner's teaching methods will naturally increase your mathematical maturity so that your potential score increases simultaneously with your actual score. This means that you can actually become capable of getting an 800 even if you were not before picking up the book. The information in the introduction alone is enough to raise your SAT math score up to 50 points before you even attempt one math problem.
5. Dr. Warner has had to teach SAT prep for 14 years to accumulate the powerful combination of insights and strategies found in this book. Years of experience, a Ph.D. in math, and a unique approach have led to the ultimate product that outdoes any other SAT prep book. While other books teach general mathematical knowledge, Dr. Warner's strategies are designed to exploit the test's weaknesses, which allow students to save huge amounts of time, avoid careless mistakes, and answer questions correctly while avoiding messy algebraic computations whenever possible.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
In 2012, Dr. Warner founded "GET 800" whose goal it is to provide inexpensive SAT math preparation for students who cannot afford to pay $375 per session for one on one tutoring from a test prep expert. GET 800 offers 6 SAT math prep books, and a free 12 part email course that is customized for each student based on their PSAT/SAT math score.
Dr. Warner works with students individually and in group settings, he tutors both live and over video conferencing and he offers free materials in the form of his blog, his YouTube channel, and his Facebook page where provides test prep advice and answers student questions.