Want to know how to influence other people's behaviour?
In The Advertising Effect, respected advertising insider, Adam Ferrier, reveals the ten techniques used by some of the best-known brands across the globe. These techniques are grounded in psychological theory with award winning real world examples and explore how the most effective way to change behaviour is through action rather than the conventional advertising practices (emotional or rational persuasion).
This is the ultimate insider's guide, to the ultimate behaviour change industry - advertising.
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Adam Ferrier, Chief Strategy Officer, CumminsRoss
Adam Ferrier is Chief Strategy Officer/Owner of independent advertising agency, CumminsRoss. Prior to this Adam founded and sold Naked Communications, one of Australia's most influential agencies. He's also a registered psychologist and one of Australia's most respected and successful advertisers.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Which behaviour to change?
1. The Dark Arts: An advertising and influence overview
2. Definition: Defining the behaviour you want to change
3. Thoughts, Feelings, Actions: Using action to change behaviour
4. Action Spurs: Sometimes we need a little kick
Part 2: Changing the behaviour
Motivational Action Spurs
5. Reframing: It's not what you say, it's how you say it
6. Evocation: Can you feel it?
7. Collectivism: Everyone else is doing it
8. Ownership: What do you think? ?
9. Play: The World is a game
10. Utility: No more empty promises?
11. Modeling: Monkey See. Monkey Do.
Ease Action Spurs
12. Skill Up: How to stop "I don't know how"
13. Eliminate Complexity: knock down hurdles
14. Commitment: how a small request leads to a bigger agreement
Part 3: Be Good
15. Use your powers for good